Friday, October 10, 2008

VINTAGE Crib and Highchair toy set BEFORE and AFTER!

A dear friend of mine asked me if I could paint and replace the fabric on this VINTAGE toy crib and highchair. I was honored to do so. My friend (Zaire) came across these as a neighbor was about to THROW THEM IN THE DUMPSTER!!!! She asked if she could have them for her nieces. HOW CRAZY THAT SOMEONE WAS ACTUALLY GONNA THROW THESE AWAY!!! The picture above is the BEFORE pic, there was a tag (UNDER PENALTY OF LAW) in the bottom of the highchair that had dates of July 3, 1926, April 24, 1929 and 1948 printed on the tags.

And here's the AFTER!!! I painted them pink and replaced the fabric with a RACHEL ASHWELL SHABBY CHIC FLORAL.

Here's the highchair......


Here's the crib....


L@@K how cute it looks with my pillows and my shabby chic bear, I so wish I could keep the toy set..hehe ;)






What a stunning differnce the after came out, I am so in love with the crib, if I had did this for myself I would have painted it WHITE and used it to store extra linens a few small throw pillows. Maybe when I go JuNkiN soon I can find me a toy crib ;)





It was hard work painting these and changing out the fabric but it was so much fun and worth my time. I hope that my friend's nieces enjoy these for years to come and who knows maybe their own daughters someday could have the pleasure of playin with this ADORABLE toy set. =D
((HUGS))~Jess






12 comments:

Cynthia's Cottage Design said...

Hi Jess! oh they came out so sweet! I bet the spindles were super hard, I hate doing that part ;) but you did a great job! and I love the fabric too!

~ hugs ~ Cyn

Caroline said...

Good job! It looks adorable in pink.

bearshuck said...

Oh Jessica, That looks fabulous!! You did a great job! I love it and so does Gracie. She said it would look great in her room! Hee-hee :)
Hugs,
Heather

Rachel~Wildflower Photography Studio and Wildflower Creative said...

Oh wow....simply lovely!!! What a fabulous find for your friend!! Thanks for sharing!

Rachel

ROSE VINE COTTAGE said...

Hi Jess,
They look so cute! Great job.
Hugs~Kelly

Anonymous said...

JESSICA, Jessica, jEsSiCa! You never cease to amaze me! WOW WOW WOW! What a transformation gurlfriend! They turned out sooooooo PURTY! I bet that was allot of work but so fullfilling in the end huh! So sorry for just now getting over here to take a peek but its been crazy (GOOD crazy,lol) with the new baby! I bet your friends lil niece(i hope i got that right, lol) will enjoy it for yrs to come and hopefully if you have a lil girl they will let her enjoy it as well! HI FIVE! They look AMAZING!

((HUGS)) Bekah...

Jennifer said...

Hi! I love your blog :) Nice transformation of the bed/highchair. Looks great! ALSO... I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE your kitchen.. looks exactly what mine will look like!

Check out my blog also.. Ive on and off of hiatus til we move :)

Thanks for the inspo! Stay pink!

xo j.

Lori said...

Jessica,
Hi,came over from another site and it has been an absolute joy! I love the holiday skates and have desperately been searching my hometown to jazz up a pair. And Love, Love your kitchen! All the glorious pink!! I will visit again and can't wait to see your holiday decorations! Later,Lori

Caroline said...

Hi Jessica, Where have you been lately? I keep checking for a new post!!

One Shabby Old House said...

That is the most adorable set I have ever seen. You did a wonderful job. I was amazed by the before and after. Great job
Becky

jen said...

Soooo adorable!!!

Jen

joyh82 said...

so cute..my Dad my daughter a little crib just like that when she was younger for her baby dolls.