Tuesday, September 23, 2008

More pics of my cottage kitchen.

I wanted to take this opportunity to post some more pictures of my kitchen. This is my "hutch" I could not find an afforable hutch so I took a green table I already had and painted it white and added the top of a BATHROOM organizer that I got from Target (Rachel Ashwell Shabby Chic Collection) The base of the bathroom oraganizer was really skinny since it's meant to go above a toilet, hehe so I have that in my livingroom right when you walk in. I think it's a good temporary fix till I can find me my dream cottage farm house white hutch :) I would like to add that my good friend Steph (Shabby Girl) made me that cupcake sign as a gift she also gave me the Jenny Heid Holiday girl print which I double framed myself. The rest of the things you see are my crafts that I created. =D

No wasted space....I love how my cabinets have this lil cute shelf on the corner, it's perfect for displays. The pitcher in the middle is also a gift from my sweet friend Steph. The cute vintage salt n pepper shakers are from my mom.
My lil eating area....it's the PERFECT size for our small family, it's jusy my hubby, our son and myself so there is no need at the moment for a large table. :)
I LOVE old doors! I was so happy when I went to one of my fave local antique shops and found this door for only 30 bucks! And of course I could not resist hanging stuff off it :) The cute cupcake towels where a gift from my sweet friend Jen (MermaidSparkle) Aren't they ABORABLE!?
That is an actual working phone, I got at Toys R Us, I added that vintage looking pic in it just to spice it up ;) If you look on the bottom by the door you will see an old pickle jar...it belong to my Grandmother who passed away a few years back (Feb 2005) she use to make sun tea in it.
My cozy eating area. :)
Why is there a sofa chair in my kitchen? Why not? ;) I belive that the heart of the home should be as cozy and comfy as the rest of the house. And my hubby John loves to watch me cook while sitting in that comfy chair. I also do some light reading from that chair.

Eventually we are going to get the matching stainless steel stove and dishwasher.
QUEEN OF THE KITCHEN! I painted the stove burner covers pink. And if anyone is wondering where I got a PINK coffee maker, PINK toaster and PINK microwave they are from JcPenny.com, they only sell them online. :)


THERE ARE NO RULES WHEN IT COMES TO DECORATING YOUR HOME! It's something I have to remind myself often. I know my taste is very girlie and some might think I am INSANE to have all this PINK! But I asure you that every screw in my head is on tight and the hubby doesn't mind it on bit....he says I can decorate how ever I please as long as he comes home to a clean house and dinner :) He has even told me he likes the pink, it reminds him that a WOMAN lives here ;)


This is another view of my kitchen, I also would love to change put the drawer and cabinet knobs to clear glass ones, I painted those pink for now. And of course on my wish list is granite counter tops and a white farm house sink....in due time. :)


Thank you all so much for taking the time to read my blogs. ((HUGS))~Jess
Please scroll all the way down, don't know why this blog posted this way.


































































































































































3 comments:

ROSE VINE COTTAGE said...

Hi Jessica,
I to dream of a farm house sink and new countertops but I think we have done a good job making our kitchen's pretty even without the fancy stuff! I love those salt and pepper shakers from your Mom, I have never seen those before. Your husband sounds like mine, he doesn't care how I decorate as long as he has a meal and clean clothes!LOL. Loved all the pictures.
Hugs~Kelly

Caroline said...

Hi Jessica, I love the pics of your kitchen. You'll have to post some of the rest of your home. I am in the process of redoing my kitchen shabby chic. We are all lucky to have wonderful husbands who don't mind a pretty home. My husband sounds alot like yours. We love to go junkin together. We would rather spend time on a road trip as well travelling thru little towns in search of treasures than sitting on a beach somewhere hot. Our dream is to open our own shop one day. I look forward to visiting your blog!
Caroline

Rachel~Wildflower Photography Studio and Wildflower Creative said...

Hi Jessica, I originally saw your kitchen on Rate My Space. My screen name there is "lovemysunshine". Thank you for the sweet compliments that you left on my spaces! I saw that you had posted your blog so I had to visit! I love everything about your kitchen! The door is such a lovely find. I've been looking for one myself, but haven't been very lucky. I, too adore the shabby chic/cottage style. I'd love to see the rest of your house!

Rachel